The approaching fiscal cliff could derail the U.S. economy’s fragile recovery as tax hikes and cuts to Medicare and many other programs come into effect. However, using the broad array of available ETPs could help investors shield their portfolios from some of the potential damage, according to an Investor’s Business Daily article.
The article pointed to the following products for their exposure to sectors that may help soften the effects of possible tax increases:
- JPMorgan Alerian MLP Index ETN (NYSEArca: AMJ)
- iShares Dow Jones US Real Estate Index Fund (NYSEArca: IYR)
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSEArca: GLD)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF (NYSEArca: BND)
- SPDR Barclays International Treasury Bond ETF (NYSEArca: BWX)
To learn more on the recommended funds highlighted above, go to Investors.com.