Deutsche Bank files for an ETF targeting muni bonds issued to fund infrastructure projects.
Follow ETF Watch on Twitter for all the newest ETF filings.
- New Listings and Filings
- ETFs in Registration
- Exemptive Relief Filings
- ETF Closures
- Index and Ticker Changes
Note: Want to receive an email notice as soon as ETF Watch is posted?
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 6
DB Plans Infrastructure Muni ETF
Deutsche Bank filed recently for an ETF that will invest in municipal bonds issued to finance infrastructure projects. The db X-trackers Municipal Infrastructure Revenue Fund will track the DBIQ Municipal Infrastructure Revenue Index, a benchmark covering long-term bonds issued by tax-exempt issuers to fund public-use projects; the income generated by such bonds comes from the projects for which they are issued. The filing said that the ETF will trade on the NYSE Arca, but the paperwork did not include a ticker or fees.
iShares Files For Active 'Income' ETF
iShares recently filed for an actively managed ETF that will target USD-denominated investment-grade debt spanning a range of issuers and types of fixed income. The iShares Liquidity Income Fund will aim for a dollar-weighted average life of one year or less; it will also be able to incorporate derivatives into its portfolio.
Vanguard Transitions 4 ETFs To New Indexes
As previously announced, Vanguard is gradually shifting a large swath of its ETFs to new indexes. The most recent phase to reach completion saw the Vanguard Mega Cap ETF (NYSEArca: MGC), Vanguard Large-Cap ETF (NYSEArca: VV), Vanguard Mid-Cap ETF (NYSEArca: VO) and Vanguard Small-Cap ETF (NYSEArca: VB) switch to benchmarks provided by University of Chicago-linked CRSP from ones offered by MSCI. MGC also underwent a name change—it was originally called the Vanguard Mega Cap 300 ETF. The completed change was announced Jan. 31.
DB Renames Currency-Hedged Funds
Deutsche Bank renamed five of its ETFs in an effort to raise their profiles. The funds are all currency hedged and target foreign markets. They include:
- Db-X MSCI Japan Currency-Hedged Equity Fund (NYSEArca: DBJP), now called the db X-trackers MSCI Japan Hedged Equity Fund
- Db-X MSCI Emerging Markets Currency-Hedged Equity Fund (NYSEArca: DBEM), now called db X-trackers MSCI Emerging Markets Equity Fund
- Db-X MSCI EAFE Currency-Hedged Equity Fund (NYSEArca: DBEF), now called the db X-trackers MSCI EAFE Hedged Equity Fund
- Db-X MSCI Brazil Currency-Hedged Equity Fund (NYSEArca: DBBR), now called the db X-trackers MSCI Brazil Hedged Equity Fund
- Db-X MSCI Canada Currency-Hedged Equity Fund (NYSEArca: DBCN), now called the db X-trackers MSCI Canada Hedged Equity Fund
Today the news is full of stories about the collapsing pound. Not so much.
Real-world tracking difference is incredibly important. So why does nobody look at it?
The latest SPIVA scorecard is pretty depressing news for active managers.
Today’s headlines on these quant/active strategies have us scratching our heads.