Commodities continue to dominate returns this year.
Commodities were the big theme of April. Nickel, coffee and natural gas took the top slots and a broader equity fund that invests in oil and gas exploration and production companies came in at No. 6. Still, three other energy-related equity ETFs returned between 6 and 8 percent over the month, and would have made the list had we not redacted them to avoid redundancy.
9. Global X Nigeria ETF (NGE | F-52)
8. Market Vectors Gulf States ETF (MES | F-69)
7. iShares MSCI All Peru ETF (EPU | C-36)
6. SPDR S&P Oil & Gas Exploration & Production ETF (XOP | A-54)
5. iShares MSCI Turkey ETF (TUR | B-99)
4. iPath Global Carbon ETN (GRN | F-36)
3. iPath Dow Jones-UBS Natural Gas ETN (GAZ | D-65)
2. iPath Dow Jones-UBS Coffee ETN (JO | B-92)
1. iPath Dow Jones-UBS Nickel ETN (JJN | C-93)