While exposure to commodities can help diversify portfolios, not all commodity-based exchange-traded products should be used for long-term trading, as they could end up disappointing, according to an article on the Wall Street Sector Selector.
The article recommends that investors consider avoiding the following ETFs and ETNs:
- iPath DJ-UBS Livestock TR Sub-Index ETN (NYSEArca: COW)
- iPath DJ-UBS Coffee TR Sub-Index ETN (NYSEArca: JO)
- Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (NYSEArca: GDXJ)
- iPath DJ-UBS Cocoa TR Sub-Index ETN (NYSEArca: NIB)
- Teucrium WTI Crude Oil Fund (NYSEArca: CRUD)
Head over to the WallStreetSectorSelector.com for more information.