Dividend-focused ETFs are expected to have mixed results in 2012, as the financial sector begins to recover and investors are beginning to think about what portfolio changes an end to the European debt crisis might require, according to Seeking Alpha.
Jon Peter, contributor to the article on Seeking Alpha, examines 10 dividend-focused funds with the best total return percentages in 2011 with a view to which of the dividend ETFs might outperform as the global economy heals from its debt-related challenges.
Below are the top 10 dividend funds Peter takes into consideration:
- First Trust Morningstar Dividend Leaders Index Fund (NYSEArca: FDL)
- WisdomTree Equity Income Fund (NYSEArca: DHS)
- WisdomTree Dividend ex-Financials Fund (NYSEArca: DTN)
- iShares Dow Jones Select Dividend Index ETF (NYSEArca: DVY)
- Vanguard High Dividend Yield ETF (NYSEArca: VYM)
- WisdomTree Large Cap Dividend Fund (NYSEArca: DLN)
- PowerShares ETF Trust Dividend Achievers Portfolio (NYSEArca: PFM)
- First Trust Value Line Dividend Index Fund ETF (NYSEArca: FVD)
- WisdomTree Total Dividend Fund (NYSEArca: DTD)
- PowerShares High Yield Equity Dividend Achievers Portfolio (NYSEArca: PEY)
For the full story, head over to SeekingAlpha.com.