Various factors led to a few surprises and disappointments in the ETF world on Thursday, with some funds seeing jumps of up to 2 percent, while others fell by nearly 5 percent, according to an article on The Street.
Street contributor Don Dion reflected on the best- and worst-performing ETF of Thursday.
Those highlighted in the winning category and their daily returns include:
- iShares MSCI Turkey Investable Market Index Fund (NYSEArca: TUR): + 2.6 percent
- Guggenheim Solar ETF (NYSEArca: TAN): +2.1 percent
- Global X Silver Miners ETF (NYSEArca: SIL): +1.9 percent
The losing category and their daily returns include:
- United States Natural Gas Fund (NYSEArca: UNG): -5.2 percent
- SPDR S&P Regional Banking ETF (NYSEArca: KRE): -3.0 percent
- ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (NYSEArca: TBT): -2.0 percent
To learn more about these funds, visit TheStreet.com.