Many ETF names mislead investors into thinking they’re getting particular investment exposures when in fact they may be getting something quite different, according to an article on Benzinga.
Reading the fine print about an investment thus becomes crucial, according to the article.
The article said the following ETFs have some of the more misleading names on the market:
- United States Oil Fund (NYSEArca: USO)
- iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Eastern Europe Index Fund (NYSEArca: ESR)
- Vanguard Dividend Appreciation ETF (NYSEArca: VIG)
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (NYSEArca: XHB)
- iPath DJ-UBS Livestock TR Sub-Index ETN (NYSEArca: COW)
- First Trust ISE-Revere Natural Gas Index Fund (NYSEArca: FCG)
- First Trust Nasdaq CEA Smartphone Index Fund (NasdaqGM: FONE)
For more information on the funds listed, go to Benzinga.com.