Europe-based ETFs and funds that move inversely to the VIX—also known as the fear gauge—surged on Tuesday, supported by a rally in the energy market as well as increasing confidence in the eurozone as tension eases in regard to Spain, according to an article published by the Wall Street Sector Selector.
The following funds were noted as some of the biggest winners yesterday:
- VelocityShares Daily Inverse VIX Short-Term ETN (NYSEArca: XIV), +5.1 percent
- Guggenheim Global Solar Energy (NYSEArca: TAN), +4.6 percent
- iShares MSCI Italy Index Fund (NYSEArca: EWI), +3.8 percent
- iShares S&P Nifty 50 ETF (NYSEArca: INDY), +3.3 percent
- Global X Uranium ETF (NYSEArca: URA), +4.9 percent
For the full story, go to the WallStreetSectorSelector.com.