The following ETFs are worth watching closely today, whether for defensive purposes or to focus on emerging markets, foreign exchange or bond exposures, according to Benzinga staff writer The ETF Professor.
Plays for Monday include:
- iShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (NYSEArca: EWP)
- Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (NYSEArca: GDX)
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term Futures ETN (NYSEArca: VXX)
Emerging markets plays for today:
- iShares MSCI South Africa Index Fund (NYSEArca: EZA)
- Market Vectors Vietnam ETF (NYSEArca: VNM)
- Direxion Daily India Bear 3X Shares (NYSEArca: INDZ)
The article also listed the WisdomTree Dreyfus Brazilian Real (NYSEArca: BZF) as a good foreign exchange play, as well as the Market Vectors High-Yield Muni ETF (NYSEArca: HYD) for bond exposure.
For more on these funds, visit Benzinga.