While the U.S. equity market appears to be in a downtrend, the consumer staples sector has demonstrated its resilience. For investors seeking access to this safe haven, there are plenty of ways to gain exposure through ETFs, according to an article on Zacks.
The following eight consumer staples-based ETFs were outlined in the article:
- Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR Fund (NYSEArca: XLP)
- Vanguard Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEArca: VDC)
- iShares S&P Global Consumer Staples Sector Index Fund (NYSEArca: KXI)
- First Trust Consumer Staples AlphaDex Fund (NYSEArca: FXG)
- iShares Dow Jones U.S. Consumer Goods Sector Index ETF (NYSEArca: IYK)
- EGShares Emerging Markets Consumer ETF (NYSEArca: ECON)
- PowerShares Dynamic Food and Beverage Portfolio (NYSEArca: PBJ)
- PowerShares Dynamic Consumer Staples Sector Portfolio (NYSEArca: PSL)
For the full breakdown on these ETFs, visit Zacks.com.