Emerging markets have received much attention since starting 2012 strong. But with global equities in a eurozone-driven pullback, India in particular has investors on edge, as trade deficits, a large budget and increased spending on welfare programs signal head winds, according to an article by ETF Database.
Daniela Pylypczak, contributor to ETFdb, lists the following ETFs for investors looking to play a bullish or bearish stance on the developing country:
- Direxion Daily India Bull 3x Shares (NYSEArca: INDL) or Daily India Bear 3x Shares (NYSEArca: INDZ): To bet for or against a turnaround Indian equities market
- PowerShares India Portfolio (NYSEArca: PIN): Offers exposure to energy, tech, financials and basic materials through 50 large-cap Indian stocks
- Market Vectors India Small-Cap Index ETF (NYSEArca: SCIF): Focuses on small-cap India stocks, providing a better “pure play” option for investors
- EGShares India Infrastructure ETF (NYSEArca: INXX): For investors interested in exposure to India’s developing infrastructure
- WisdomTree Dreyfus Indian Rupee Fund (NYSEArca: ICN): Good for those who believe the rupee will appreciate relative to the dollar
Head over to ETFdatabase.com for the full story.