Global X China Materials ETF (NYSEArca: CHIM) was yesterday’s top-performing ETF, surging nearly 12 percent, as China ETFs in general skyrocketed on news of possible stimulus for the Chinese economy, according to an article on Investors’ Business Daily.
However, these China-focused funds all remain below their 200-day moving averages, the article said. The story said other China-focused ETFs that jumped yesterday included the following:
- Global X China Financials ETF (NYSEArca: CHIX) +6.0 percent
- EGShares China Infrastructure (NYSEArca: CHXX) +6.0 percent
- iShares FTSE China 25 Index Fund (NYSEArca: FXI) +4.0 percent
- iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index (NYSEArca: EEM) +2.83 percent
These funds, while not solely linked to China, received a boost from news of possible stimulus in China:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSEArca: SPY) +0.50 percent
- SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average Trust (NYSEArca: DIA) +1.20 percent
- PowerShares QQQ Trust (NasdaqGM: QQQ) +1.20 percent
- iShares MSCI EAFE index Fund (NYSEArca: EFA) +1.3 percent
To read more, visit news.investors.com.