Investors shouldn’t forget the retail-focused consumer staples sector as they look for defensive plays in the current turbulent market environment, thanks to the population’s need for necessities, according to an article on ETF Digest.
The article, by Dave Fry, highlighted the following 10 ETFs for their performance:
- SPDR S&P International Consumers Staples ETF (NYSEArca: IPS)
- Guggenheim S&P Equal Weight Consumer Staple ETF (NYSEArca: RHS)
- PowerShares Dynamic Consumer Staples Portfolio (NYSEArca: PSL)
- PowerShares Dynamic Food & Beverage Portfolio (NYSEArca: PBJ)
- First Trust Consumer Staples Fund (NYSEArca: FXG)
- EGShares DJ Emerging Market Consumer ETF (NYSEArca: ECON)
- iShares S&P Global Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEArca: KXI)
- iShares DJ U.S. Consumer Goods Index Fund (NYSEArca: IYK)
- Vanguard Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEArca: VDC)
- SPDR Consumer Staples Select Sector ETF (NYSEArca: XLP)
Head over to ETFdigest.com to learn more on the holdings, yields and more of the funds mentioned.