Internationally focused funds and commodities-linked ETFs have suffered due to increased turmoil in the eurozone, but those same ETFs may become some of the best plays in the second half of the year, according to an article on Investors’ Business Daily.
Mark Eicker, David Allen, Russ Koesterich, Alex Gurich and Adrian Day, five executives from various money management firms, have outlined five ETFs expected to be solid performers in 2012:
- iShares MSCI EAFE Index Fund (NYSEArca: EFA)
- iShares MSCI South Africa (NYSEArca: EZA)
- iShares Dividend Emerging Markets Fund (NYSEArca: DVYE)
- ProShares Short Oil & Gas ETF (NYSEArca: DDG) or SPDR Energy Select Sector (NYSEArca: XLE)
- SPDR Gold Trust (NYSEArca: GLD)
To read more about the funds and why they were chosen, visit News.Investors.com.