Investors worried about the eurozone’s debt crisis and uncertain global markets can readily build a portfolio of U.S.-focused bonds, as the following ETFs make clear, according to a recent blog posted on ETF sponsor iShares’ website.
Investors have many approaches to building an All-American ETF portfolio using U.S. Treasurys, municipal bonds, Treasury inflation protection securities and mortgage-backed securities, the blog said.
Here are some of the options iShares can provide as highlighted in the article by Matt Tucker, CFA, and head of Fixed Income Strategy at iShares:
- iShares Barclays U.S. Treasury Bond Fund (NYSEArca: GOVT)
- iShares Barclays 1-3 Year Treasury Bond Fund (NYSEArca: SHY)
- iShares Barclays MBS Bond Fund (NYSEArca: MBB)
- iShares Barclays Treasury Inflation Protected Securities Bond Fund (NYSEArca: TIPS)
- iShares Barclays Agency Bond Fund (NYSEArca: AGZ)
- iShares S&P National AMT-Free Municipal Bond Fund (NYSEArca: MUB)
Head over to iSharesBlog.com for more recommendations and details.