Leveraged exchange-traded products are typically used for hedging or by investors looking for a quick payday; however, some of these funds have become the exception and have performed well through the entire year, according to ETF Database.
The following five “geared” funds have each been able to bring at least 70 percent in returns over the past 52 weeks:
- Direxion Daily Retail Bull 3x Shares (NYSEArca: RETL)
- ProShares Ultra Nasdaq Biotechnology (NasdaqGM: BIB)
- ProShares UltraPro QQQ (NasdaqGM: TQQQ)
- Direxion Daily Technology Bull 3x Shares (NYSEArca: TECL)
- iPath Long Extended S&P 500 TR Index ETN (NYSEArca: SFLA)
For more information on the funds listed, visit ETFdb.com.