If you think the price of gold is heading higher already, imagine its value if the Republican Party is able to get the U.S. to return to the long-lost gold standard. The idea alone is likely to send the price of the precious metal higher, and ETFs may be the best place to begin positioning yourself for such changes, according to an article published by Zacks.
Thanks to their design, ETFs remain one of the safest and easiest ways to access the precious metal. Here are a few gold-focused ETPs to get you started on positioning yourself for gold plays, in the unlikely event that the world’s major currencies become fixed against the price of gold:
- SPDR Gold Shares (NYSEArca: GLD)
- iShares Comex Gold Trust (NYSEArca: IAU)
- ETFS Physical Swiss Gold Shares (NYSEArca: SGOL)
- ETFS Physical Asian Fold Shares (NYSEArca: AGOL)
- PowerShares DB Gold Fund (NYSEArca: DGL)
- RBS Gold Trendpilot ETN (NYSEArca: TBAR)
- Etracs CMCI Gold ETN (NYSEArca: UBG)
Visit Zacks.com for additional information including recent performance of the funds outlined above.