The U.S. stock market was stagnant leading up to the presidential election, as Wall St. recovered from Hurricane Sandy and investors stalled before funneling into various asset classes. But now that a week has passed, a few sectors and funds are beginning to break ahead while some fall behind, according to an article on ETF Database.
Precious metals and bonds were popular as investors brace for future turbulence. Here are a few examples:
- ETFS Physical Silver Shares (NYSEArca: SIVR)
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSEArca: SLV)
- PowerShares DB Silver Portfolio (NYSEArca: DBS)
- Pimco 25+ Year Zero Coupon U.S. Treasury ETF (NYSEArca: ZROZ)
- Vanguard Extended Duration Treasury ETF (NYSEArca: EDV)
- Global X FTSE Greece 20 ETF (NYSEArca: GREK)
- iShares Dow Jones US Home Construction Index Fund (NYSEArca: ITB)
- PowerShares Global Coal Portfolio (NYSEArca: PKOL)
- Market Vectors Coal ETF (NYSEArca: KOL)
- Morgan Stanley Cushing MLP High Income ETN (NYSEArca: MLPY)
- Yorkville High Income MLP (NYSEArca: YMLP)
Visit ETFdb.com to read additional details for the funds outlined above.