Several sectors of the economy have rallied significantly since the summer, and so have the ETFs that track them, but as the market faces the prospects of a “fiscal cliff,” investors might want to tread cautiously in these now-overbought strategies, according to the Street.
Instead of buying into the popular products, consider alternative ETFs that provide similar exposure, often less risk, and in many cases, even better performance, the article says.
Alternatives to iShares DJ Home Construction Fund (NYSEArca: ITB)
- Guggenheim Global Timber (NYSEArca: CUT)
- iShares Global Timber and Forestry (NYSEArca: WOOD)
Alternatives to iShares MSCI Philippines Investable Market Index (NYSEArca: EPHE)
- iShares MSCI Singapore Index (NYSEArca: EWS)
- iShares MSCI Malaysia Index (NYSEArca: EWM)
Alternatives to iShares Austria Investable Market Index (NYSEArca: EWO)
- WisdomTree Europe Hedged Equity (NYSEArca: HEDJ)
Head over to theStreet.com to learn more about the funds highlighted above.