As the ETF industry grows by the day, fund strategies begin to overlap making it more difficult for new products to succeed. However, a few ETFs stood out from the growing crowd in 2012, according to an article on ETF Database.
Out of the 160 new funds released during 2012, the following 10 funds managed to accumulate over $100 million. Here are their tickers and assets under management as of Dec. 18:
- Total Return ETF (NYSEArca: BOND): $3.8 billion
- SPDR Barclays Capital Short Term High Yield Bond (NYSEArca: SJNK): $316.8 million
- MSCI Global Select Metals & Mining Producers Fund (NYSEArca: PICK): $250.5 million
- Market Vectors International High Yield Bond ETF (NYSEArca: IHY)$204
- Emerging Market High Yield Bond Fund (NYSEArca: EMHY): $197 million
- Barclays U.S. Treasury Bond Fund (NYSEArca: GOYT): $143 million
- Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (NYSEArca: IEMG): $231.8 million
- North American Energy Infrastructure Fund (NYSEArca: EMLP): $ 123 million
- Global Advantage Inflation-Linked Bond Strategy Fund (NYSEArca: ILB): $105 million.
For more information on the funds listed above, go to ETFDB.com.