ETF.com ("the Site") is an independent resource for index investing in all its forms. All content is produced independently of any advertising relationships.
Cboe Global Markets, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, "Cboe", “we”, “us”, or “our”) have created this Privacy Notice and Policy in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to the privacy of a) users of a Cboe World Wide Website ("Cboe Website"); b) Cboe customers and prospective customers; c) Cboe participants, members, users and such persons’ associated persons and representatives; and d) any other individuals from whom Cboe collects personal data during the course of its business activities. This Privacy Notice and Policy describes the personal data we collect, how Cboe uses your personal data, with whom we may share such data and how you can contact Cboe, access your personal data and exercise your rights regarding Cboe’s use of your personal data. By using or accessing a Cboe Website, you signify your acknowledgment and assent to this Privacy Notice and Policy.
Data Collection and Dissemination
Except as otherwise provided in this Privacy Notice and Policy, the following discloses our data gathering and dissemination practices.
Cboe values your privacy and processes your personal data, as a data controller, in accordance with applicable data protection laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
Cboe processes your personal data for certain legitimate business purposes/interests which may include some or all of the following:
- To administer and manage our relationship with you
- To evaluate, review, approve, or enter into potential contractual arrangements
- To enable us to enhance, modify, personalize or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of users
- To keep you informed about our activities, products and services that we think may be of interest to you, as permitted by applicable law
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To better understand how people interact with Cboe Websites
- To comply with certain obligations under applicable law, industry guidelines and internal policies
- To manage, administer and assign transactions that are effected on Cboe facilities
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
Use of a Cboe Website may involve the collection of personal data by Cboe. There are also cases where users may be asked for personal data on a Cboe Website. For example, online surveys are occasionally conducted to better understand the needs and profiles of Cboe Website users. Our online surveys typically ask users for demographic and profile data such as ZIP code, age, and income level. In addition, personal data is requested if you voluntarily register to receive additional information about Cboe, sign up for Cboe products and services, or if you want to purchase a product directly from a Cboe Website. Voluntary Cboe Website registration forms may request user personal data such as name, mailing address and/or email address. Registered users of Cboe Websites may have certain "opt-out" choices which are described in the choice/opt-out section below.
What Data We Share
Cboe will only grant access to personal data on a need-to-know basis, and such access will be limited to the personal data that is necessary to perform the business function for which such access is granted. No authorization will be extended to access personal data on a personal basis.
From time to time, your personal data may be processed on our behalf by, or shared with, Cboe affiliates and other unaffiliated parties. (collectively “third parties”). Third parties who process your data may include agents, suppliers, vendors, business partners, and regulatory agencies that are located in the United States and in other countries inside and outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the purposes outlined above. For data transfers outside the EEA to third parties, Cboe relies on appropriate safeguards, as defined in GDPR and as approved by the European Commission, to provide an adequate level of protection.
Select third-party providers which may process your personal data may be found in the “Service Providers” section below.
Cboe shall exercise reasonable precautions to safeguard and secure personal data. Cboe has security protections in place that help to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the data under our control. Security protections use technology consistent with current industry standards. Cboe periodically tests the security protections of its information systems and monitors the effectiveness of its information security controls, systems and procedures. Although we take proper measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of data, no assurances can be provided that personal data that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice and Policy.
Cboe will retain your personal data for as long as your account, membership, customer relationship or any other business relationship with Cboe, as applicable, is active and as needed to provide you with products or services. In addition, personal data may be retained for such additional time as may be required under applicable law. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal data to provide you with products or services, contact us using the contact information provided below.
Cboe Websites log IP addresses and browser types for administrative purposes, including logging the IP addresses associated with each post to or use of a Cboe Website. Such logs will be reviewed in order to improve the user experience and to improve the materials and content available on a Cboe Website. In addition, such information may be used for information security-related activities in connection with performance monitoring, investigations, questions, claims or complaints relating to use of a Cboe Website.
When you use a Cboe Website, Cboe and third-party service providers may use “cookies.” Cookies involve placing small files/code on your device or browser that serve a number of purposes, such as remembering your preferences (e.g., language) and generally improving your experience on Cboe Websites. Specifically, we may use such technology for purposes such as to:
- Gather analytics about Cboe Websites, including demographic information in a non-identifiable form, in order to improve Cboe Websites’ performance and customize users’ experience;
- Support security measures, such as requiring re-login into your account; and
- More effectively market Cboe Websites and advertise other websites (including those of our advertising partners) that may be of interest to you.
Policies for Children
Cboe does not intentionally collect or use any personal data from users under 16 years of age. No data should be submitted to Cboe Websites by users under 16 years of age.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Framing
For the user's convenience, Cboe Websites may provide links to other external websites. The listing of a link by Cboe should not be construed as a sponsorship, endorsement or approval of such websites, their content, or as an indication of the value of any claims, recommendations or other information contained therein. Cboe Website users should be aware that Cboe has no control over any linked website and is not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of any linked website or any link on a linked website. Cboe urges our users to be aware of when they exit the Cboe Website and to carefully read the privacy statements of each website that collects personal data. This Privacy Notice and Policy is applicable only to data collected by a Cboe Website.
Access to Personal Data
If you choose to update or delete personal data previously provided to Cboe, to the extent allowed by law, Cboe will endeavor to correct, update or remove the personal data being maintained by Cboe. You can do this by contacting us via the “Contact Cboe” form located at http://www.cboe.com/Contact or at the contact points specified below.
Cboe Websites provide registered users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request data about the user. If you opt in, Cboe may (1) share the data with those organizations with which Cboe has a direct or indirect business relationship; (2) use the data for its own internal purposes, or (3) contact you for market-related research.
If you prefer not to receive traditional mail or other off-line promotions from Cboe or from organizations with which Cboe has a direct or indirect business relationship, send an email via the “Contact Cboe” form located at http://www.cboe.com/Contact. Please include your full name and mailing address.
To remove yourself from any Cboe email lists, please visit the Cboe Website and click on “Email Alerts” from your personalized home page. Please note: if you are not already signed in to your account, you will need to do so using your user name and password. Alternatively, to remove yourself from any Cboe email lists, you may send an email via the “Contact Cboe” form located at http://www.cboe.com/Contact.
If you have any other questions about opting out of any communications from Cboe, send an email via the "Contact Cboe" form located at http://www.cboe.com/Contact.
Data Subjects Rights Under GDPR
To the extent provided for under GDPR, effective May 25, 2018, if you are a data subject in the European Union, you are entitled to access your personal data; obtain information on the processing of your personal data; have your personal data rectified or erased or their processing restricted; or exercise your right to data portability. You also are entitled to withdraw any consent that you might have given to the processing of your personal data, including any consent for any direct marketing purposes with future effect. These are known as “Data Subjects Rights.”
If you would like to exercise your Data Subjects Rights or learn more about the details of the processing of your personal data, please contact us using the information provided below or please fill out a form provided here. Cboe will respond to your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable within the legally required period of time. To help protect your privacy, Cboe takes reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal data or responding to your requests.
If you are not satisfied with Cboe’s response or believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with applicable law, please contact Cboe’s Data Protection Officer using the contact information provided below. You also may contact or register a complaint with the competent supervisory authority or seek other remedies under applicable law.
Cboe reserves the right to disclose personal data in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Cboe Website users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose personal data without notice to you in response to a subpoena, or when requested from a governmental, regulatory body or law enforcement agency or any other forum of competent jurisdiction when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required, or to respond to any emergency situation.
Select Service Providers
Cboe has selected PayPal Holdings, Inc. (“PayPal”) to provide certain web services for online seminar registration, fulfillment, credit card transactions and other services. Please review the PayPal Privacy Statement here for information about PayPal's data use policy and security measures.
Notice of Changes
Cboe reserves the right to update or change this Privacy Notice and Policy or any part of it from time to time without prior notice. Cboe encourages you to review this Privacy Notice and Policy periodically for changes. You may at any time contact us to request a copy of this Privacy Notice and Policy.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice and Policy, please contact us using the information below.
Cboe Global Markets, Inc.
Attention: Marketing Technology
400 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605
Email: Contact Form
Cboe Global Markets, Inc.
Attention: Membership Services
400 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605
Email: [email protected]
Cboe Europe Limited
Attention: Participant Services
11 Monument Street, 5th Floor
London EC3R 8AF UK
Cboe Global Markets, Inc.
Attention: Data Protection Officer
400 S. LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60605
Email: [email protected]
Terms and Conditions
The term "ETF.com" or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 419 Lafayette St. 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10003. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may create a link to this website from another website or document without ETF.com's prior written consent. Links should be correctly attributed to ETF.com and may be accompanied by a short descriptive summary of the article.
- You may not copy, reprint, redistribute in whole or in part any article without previous written consent from ETF.com.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New York.
- The editors of ETF.com reserve the right as they deem appropriate to exclude, remove or block any postings or posters. As a moderated site, the editors will act promptly on any posts and/or comments believed to be unduly divisive and/or argumentative. Posts and comments considered uncivil and/or rude aren't allowed. Personal attacks and baseless accusations with misleading and/or inaccurate information are not permitted. Use of different aliases to get around the spirit of these guidelines isn't allowed. These rules are subject to change by the site's editors at any time.