S&P Dow Jones Indices in mid-December said that at the beginning of 2014, it would roll out a family of five indexes covering the Mexico bond market via a partnership with Valuacion Operativa y Referencias de Mercado.
The new benchmarks are designed as replacements for the Dow Jones Latixx Mexico Government Bond indexes, which were discontinued on Dec. 31, 2013, the press release said.
The five indexes cover Mexican government securities and include the following:
- S&P/Valmer Mexico Government 5-10 year Mbonos Index
- S&P/Valmer Mexico Government 1-5 year Mbonos Index
- S&P/Valmer Mexico Government CETES Index
- S&P/Valmer Mexico Government Inflation-Linked 1+ year Udibonos Index
- S&P/Valmer Mexico Government International 1+ year UMS Index
The indexes each have a base date starting Jan. 2, 2004, and launch dates from June 2009.