Launches saw a resurgence during the past week after no activity during the week before Labor Day.
Issuer Tuttle Capital Management has announced it will be closing two of its ETFs. The Trend Aggregation Conservative ETF (TACE) and the Trend Aggregation U.S. ETF (TAEQ) will cease trading after Sept. 22.
Completed closures stand at 34 year-to-date compared with 184 by this time last year, a significant year-over-year decline.
Aberdeen Standard Rebrands
Aberdeen Standard, which operates a number of commodity ETFs, is rebranding two of its funds as of Sept. 22. The funds will switch out the “Aberdeen Standard” for “abrdn,” but there will be no other changes. Their new names are as follows:
- abrdn Bloomberg All Commodity Strategy K-1 Free ETF (BCI)
- abrdn Bloomberg All Commodity Longer Dated Strategy K-1 Free ETF (BCD)
Meanwhile, the PPTY-U.S. Diversified Real Estate ETF (PPTY) dropped the first part of its name and is now known as the U.S. Diversified Real Estate ETF as of Sept. 7.
Finally, as of Sept. 14, the KraneShares Bloomberg Barclays China Bond Inclusion Index ETF (KBND) will change its name to the KraneShares Bloomberg China Bond Inclusion Index ETF, dropping the “Barclays.” Similarly, the fund’s index will change from the Bloomberg Barclays China Inclusion Focused Bond Index to the Bloomberg China Inclusion Focused Bond Index.
Expense Ratio Changes
Four Simplify ETFs lowered their expense ratios to 0.95% as of Sept. 3. Those funds and their original expense ratios are as follows:
- Simplify Volt RoboCar Disruption and Tech ETF (VCAR), 1.09%
- Simplify Volt Cloud and Cybersecurity Disruption ETF (VCLO), 1.02%
- Simplify Volt Fintech Disruption ETF (VFIN), 1.03%
- Simplify Volt Pop Culture Disruption ETF (VPOP), 1.03%
Contact Heather Bell at [email protected]