This was a fairly quiet week for the ETF industry. Among the handful of launches were offerings from Pacer and newcomer Akros ETFs.
The Pacer BlueStar Engineering The Future ETF (BULD) debuted on the Nasdaq Thursday with an expense ratio of 0.60%.
BULD tracks an index that aims to keep half of its weight in robotics companies, and the remaining 50% is split between companies focused on 3D printing and computer-aided design software development. The index rebalances and reconstitutes semiannually.
The fund is the sixth ETF to specifically target robotics and 3D printing, with the first five funds from iShares, Global X, ARK Invest Management and others having approximately $3.7 billion in assets under management.
The Akros Monthly Payout ETF (MPAY) rolled out on the NYSE Arca Friday with an initial expense ratio of 0.59%. The fund has a 25 basis point waiver in effect through May 2023.
MPAY tracks an index of 18 other ETFs across asset classes and 50 U.S. stocks meant to target an annual distribution rate of 7%. The index rebalances and reconstitutes every month.
The number of completed closures for 2022 rose by eight during the week, with ProShares shuttering several of its funds on Tuesday. The closed ETFs include the following:
- ProShares Morningstar Alternative Solutions ETF (ALTS)
- ProShares UltraShort Australian Dollar (CROC)
- ProShares Short Oil & Gas (DDG)
- ProShares Short Term USD Emerging Markets Bond ETF (EMSH)
- ProShares Short Euro (EUFX)
- ProShares Managed Futures Strategy ETF (FUT)
- ProShares RAFI Long/Short (RALS)
- ProShares Short Basic Materials (SBM)
Also during the week, the Franklin Liberty Federal Tax-Free Bond ETF (FLMB) changed its name to the Franklin Municipal Green Bond ETF.
Several funds from First Trust and Inspire saw expense ratio changes. The seven First Trust expense ratio reductions are as follows:
- First Trust Water ETF (FIW) from 0.54% to 0.53%
- First Trust Chindia ETF (FNI) from 0.60% to 0.59%
- First Trust Capital Strength ETF (FTCS) from 0.56% to 0.55%
- First Trust Value Line Dividend Index Fund (FVD) from 0.70% to 0.67%
- First Trust NASDAQ-100 Equal Weighted Index Fund (QQEW) from 0.58% to 0.57%
- First Trust NASDAQ-100-Technology Sector Index Fund (QTEC) from 0.57% to 0.56%
- First Trust NASDAQ Clean Edge Green Energy Index Fund (QCLN) from 0.60% to 0.58%
The seven Inspire ETFs expense ratio changes are as follows:
- Inspire Global Hope ESG ETF (BLES) from 0.52% to 0.49%
- Inspire Faithward Large Cap Momentum ESG ETF (FEVR) from 0.85% to 0.80%
- Inspire Faithward Mid Cap Momentum ESG ETF (GLRY) from 0.85% to 0.80%
- Inspire Corporate Bond ESG ETF (IBD) from 0.49% to 0.44%
- Inspire Small/Mid Cap ESG ETF (ISMD) from 0.60% to 0.48%
- Inspire Tactical Balanced ESG ETF (RISN) from 0.82% to 0.71%
- Inspire International ESG ETF (WWJD) from 0.80% to 0.69%
Finally, as of May 27, three Direxion ETFs will undergo reverse splits. The Direxion Daily Energy Bear 2X Shares (ERY) and the Direxion Daily CSI China Internet Index Bull 2X Shares (CWEB) will undergo 1-for-10 splits. Meanwhile, the Direxion Daily FTSE China Bull 3X Shares (YINN) will undergo a 1-for-20 split.
Contact Heather Bell at [email protected]