The VanEck Vectors AMT-Free 6-8 Year Municipal Index ETF (ITMS) and the VanEck Vectors AMT-Free 12-17 Year Municipal Index ETF (ITML) are officially listing on the Bats exchange this morning.
The two new ETFs parse the comprehensive exposure to the intermediate muni space the VanEck Vectors AMT-Free Intermediate Municipal Index ETF (ITM) currently offers. The funds are designed to give investors the ability to manage their exposure to duration and the muni yield curve more closely, according to the company.
ITM, which has $1.6 billion in assets under management, tracks a market-weighted index of tax-exempt municipal bonds with nominal maturities of six to 17 years.
Bats is the owner of ETF.com.
On a separate note, Deutsche Bank is closing eight exchange-traded notes this week, all of which were thinly traded and failed to gather many assets in the past five to six years since they’ve come to market.
Combined, the ETNs had just over $100 million in total assets under management. The strategies, shuttered Monday, include:
- DB 3x Long 25+ Year Treasury Bond ETN (LBND)
- DB 3x Short 25+ Year Treasury Bond ETN (SBND)
- DB 3x German Bund Futures ETN (BUNT)
- DB German Bund Futures ETN (BUNL)
- DB 3x Japanese Govt Bond Futures ETN (JGBT)
- DB Japanese Govt Bond Futures ETN (JGBL)
- DB 3x Inverse Japanese Govt Bond Futures ETN (JGBD)
- DB Inverse Japanese Govt Bond Futures ETN (JGBS)
Contact Cinthia Murphy at [email protected]