ETF.com Award winners are selected in a three-part process designed to leverage the insights and opinions of leaders throughout the ETF industry.
The awards process began with an open nomination period running from Dec. 5, 2016, through Jan. 4, 2017. We received hundreds of nominations from participants in all corners of the ETF space.
Following the open nominations process, the ETF.com Awards Nominating Committee—made up of senior leaders at ETF.com, Inside ETFs and FactSet—voted to select up to five finalists in each category. Votes were tallied on a majority basis. The members of the nominating committee were:
- Matt Hougan, CEO, Inside ETFs (Chair)
- Paul Britt, Senior Analyst, FactSet
- Elisabeth Kashner, Director of ETF Research, FactSet
- Dave Nadig, CEO, ETF.com
- Drew Voros, Editor-in-Chief, ETF.com
Winners from these finalists were selected by a majority vote of the ETF.com Awards Selection Committee, a group of independent ETF experts. Committee members recused themselves from voting in any category in which they or their firms appeared as finalists. Ties were decided where possible with head-to-head runoff votes.
Members of the 2016 Awards Selection Committee included:
- Kim Arthur, Founding Partner, Main Management
- Eric Balchunas, ETF Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence
- Ben Blaisdell, US Trust
- Rob Glownia, RiverFront
- Ben Johnson, Director of Global ETF Research, Morningstar
- Tom Lydon, Editor, ETF Trends
- Phil Mackintosh, Managing Director, KCG
- Jason Nicastro, Senior Research Analyst, LPL Financial
- Tyler Mordy, President & CIO, Forstrong Global Asset Management
- Todd Rosenbluth, Director of ETF & Mutual Fund Research, CFRA
- Jim Wiandt, Founder, ETF.com
Voting was completed by Jan. 20, 2017, but results were kept secret until their announcement at the ETF.com U.S. Awards Dinner on March 30, 2017.