ETF.com Europe Award winners were selected in a three-part process designed to leverage the insights and opinions of leaders throughout the ETF industry.
The awards process began with open nominations on 19 December 2016 and closed on 20 January 2017. Interested parties were invited to submit nominations, and self-nominations were accepted. Winners had to be nominated, and no nominations were accepted after the deadline.
Following the open nominations process, the ETF.com European Awards nominating committee—made up of senior leaders at Inside ETFs, ETF.com and the FactSet ETF team (whose data powers the ETF.com website)—voted to select up to five finalists in each category. Votes were cast on a majority basis, and ties were broken where possible with head-to-head runoff votes. If ties could not be broken, more than five finalists were allowed.
Members of the 2016 ETF.com Awards Nominating Committee:
- Matt Hougan, CEO, Inside ETFs (Chair)
- Heather Bell, Managing Editor, ETF.com
- Dave Nadig, CEO, ETF.com
- John Swolfs, Director of Conference Content, Inside ETFs
Winners were selected by a majority vote of the ETF.com Europe Awards Selection Committee, a group of independent ETF experts from throughout the financial community.
ETF.com Awards Selection Committee Members:
- Jim Wiandt, founder, ETF.com (Chair)
- Jan Altmann, Founder, 4asset-management
- Hortense Bioy, Director, passive fund research, Morningstar
- Christos Costandinides, Founder, BlueHarbor
- Allan Lane, Managing Partner, Twenty20 Investments
- Shaun Port, CIO, Nutmeg
Voters had to recuse themselves from any category in which they or their firm were nominated.
The results were kept secret until 27 April, and announced at the 3rd Annual ETF.com Europe Awards Dinner at the Gherkin in London.