ETF.com Award winners are selected in a three-part process designed to leverage the insights and opinions of leaders throughout the ETF industry.
The awards process began with an open nomination period running from Dec. 4, 2017, through Jan. 2, 2018. We received hundreds of nominations from participants in all corners of the ETF space.
Following the open nominations process, the ETF.com Awards Nominating Committee—made up of senior leaders at ETF.com, Inside ETFs and FactSet—voted to select up to five finalists in each category. Votes were tallied on a majority basis. The members of the 2017 Nominating Committee were:
- Matt Hougan, CEO, Inside ETFs (Chair)
- Paul Britt, Senior Analyst, FactSet
- Elisabeth Kashner, Director of ETF Research, FactSet
- Dave Nadig, Managing Director, ETF.com
- Drew Voros, Editor-in-Chief, ETF.com
Winners from these finalists were selected by a majority vote of the ETF.com Awards Selection Committee, a group of independent ETF experts. Committee members recused themselves from voting in any category in which they or their firms appeared as finalists. Ties were decided where possible with head-to-head runoff votes. The members of the 2017 Awards Selection Committee were:
- Kim Arthur, Main Management
- Eric Balchunas, Bloomberg Intelligence
- Ben Blaisdell, US Trust
- Rob Glownia, RiverFront
- Tom Lydon, ETFtrends
- Phil Mackintosh, Virtu
- Tyler Mordy, Forstrong Global Asset Management
- Jason Nicastro, LPL Financial
- Todd Rosenbluth, CFRA
- Jim Wiandt, Industry Expert
Voting was completed by Jan. 20, 2018, but results were kept secret until their announcement at the ETF.com U.S. Awards Dinner on March 22, 2018.