Category 25: ETF Ticker of the Year
Awarded to the ETF with the best new ETF ticker. The ETF must have launched in 2014 to qualify. 2014 was a year of great ticker selections for the ETF industry, but none was better than HACK, which perfectly captured the theme that PureFunds was going after in its cybersecurity ETF. With the Sony hack, the eBay breakin and more dominating the news waves, investors everywhere are turning to HACK as a hot play on a hot theme.
Winner: “HACK,” PureFunds ISE Cyber Security ETF (HACK)
- CRBN: iShares MSCI ACWI Low Carbon Target ETF
- OUNZ: Merk Gold ETF
- TAPR: Barclays Inverse US Treasury Composite ETN
- TYTE/WYDE: ProShares CDS North American HY Credit and ProShares CDS Short North American HY Credit
Category 26: Best ETF Research Broker-Dealer Team
Awarded to the independent broker-dealer offering its reps and advisors the best total offering in the ETF space, including research, data, tools, trading capabilities and education.
Winners: Wells Fargo & Morgan Stanley
When it comes to keeping tabs on the fast-changing ETF market, it turns out experience is what matters almost more than anything else. This year, two firms tie for the honor of having the best team on the street.
Editor’s Note On Methodology:
The award selection process follows three steps:
- An open nominating process
- A “Nominating Committee” composed of senior members of ETF.com’s editorial and analytics components narrows the nominees to a maximum of five in each category.
- A “Selection Committee” of independent ETF experts votes on the winners.
The methodology is explained in detail here.