Best ETF Research Paper – 2016
Awarded to the published paper from 2016 that most increased our understanding of how ETFs and/or index-based investments affect investor outcomes, whether in portfolios, markets or broader economic context.
- ETFs: A Roadmap to Growth by Nigel Brashaw, et al. https://www.pwc.com/hu/hu/kiadvanyok/assets/pdf/etfs-a-roadmap-to-growth.pdf
- ETFs: Catalyst or Mirage for Market Liquidity? by Vincent Denoiseux, Pierre Debru https://etf.deutscheam.com/DEU/DEU/Download/Passive%20Insights/33a95093-0185-43fc-94e8-f44eda1d26d0/PassiveInsights_ETFs_Catalyst_Mirage_MarketLiquidity%20ExecSummary_UK.pdf
- Minimum Volatility Indexes: Dispelling the Myths by Dr. Andrew Ang and Dr. Ananth Madhavan https://www.blackrock.com/hk/en/literature/market-commentary/minimum-volatility-strategies-dispelling-the-myths-en-us.pdf
- The New Neutral: The Long-Term Case for Currency Hedging by Robert Bush and Abby Woodham https://etfus.deutscheam.com/US/EN/resources/insights/market-insights/NEUTRAL_WHITE.pdf
- S&P Index Vs. Active Scorecard (SPIVA) by S&P https://us.spindices.com/search/?ContentType=SPIVA
Best ETF Issuer Website – 2016
Awarded to the most informative and user-friendly website by an ETF issuer.
- db X-trackers: Recommended for its very clear presentation of data, and the depth of that data on every fund. https://etf.deutscheam.com/GLOBAL/ENG/Entry
- KraneShares: Our nominators noted that kraneshares.com presented unique, differentiated research in a user-friendly way. www.kraneshares.com
- IndexIQ: Nominations noted that the newly relaunched website featured unique commentary from a wide variety of experts, and highly detailed information on individual ETFs. www.nylifeinvestments.com/IQetfs
- iShares: A perennial nomination in this category, users called out the fact that iShares provides clear information for investors at all levels of sophistication, from individual investors to the savviest institutions. www.ishares.com
- Vanguard: Users noted that Vanguard is extremely consumer-friendly, with detailed information presented in a simple way, all aimed at helping investors make wise decisions. www.vanguard.com
- WisdomTree: Nominators noted that WisdomTree excels not just at providing information about its ETFs, but at providing research on how those ETFs can be used in portfolios. www.wisdomtree.com