Best Index Provider Website – 2016
Awarded to the most informative and user-friendly website by an index provider.
- ERI Scientific Beta: This indexing website powerhouse actually lets users create their own benchmarks, emphasizing the factors that matter to them. http://www.scientificbeta.com
- MSCI: One nomination noted: “MSCI’s website stands above other index providers by combining cutting-edge research with analytical tools and timely market insights. From its RiskMetrics forecasting models to its single-country index heatmap, MSCI’s web experience is a wealth of information offering everything an investor needs to know about its indexes.” www.msci.com
- S&P Dow Jones: One nominator wrote: “To increase investor knowledge regarding index benchmarking and investing, S&P DJI is leveraging digital thought leadership through its website, www.spdji.com. From its easy access to its multitude of data, including index returns, its website offers investors the opportunity to readily access the breadth and depth of S&P DJI’s index analysis, downloadable index data and local content including videos, research papers, educational materials and market commentaries in its own languages.” http://us.spindices.com/
- STOXX: Stoxx got a hat tip for creating a dynamic, responsive website that both provides information and ideas investors can use when considering different investment strategies. https://www.stoxx.com/
Best ETF Issuer Capital Markets Desk – 2016
Awarded to the ETF issuer providing the most useful support to advisors for ETF trading.
- Deutsche Bank: Nominations noted that Deutsche Bank made great strides in its capital markets desk this year, to become a true leader in the space. One nominator wrote: “Great partner, incorporated feedback, improved processes, handled complex products smoothly, communicated well, innovative, etc.”
- FlexShares: “Available anywhere, anytime, for analysis, competitive positioning, context or working with a trading desk of another firm,” wrote one nomination, adding that it always “tells it like it is.”
- Goldman Sachs: “Goldman Sachs' Capital Markets team, led by Steve Sachs, helps clients navigate the ETF marketplace through product education and by ensuring the highest-quality market for the firm's ETFs,” wrote one entry. They’ve successfully placed a number of large block trades in the firm’s new ActiveBeta suite.
- J.P. Morgan: Nominations called out J.P. Morgan’s desk for being ‘extremely helpful,” and also noted that it was “not afraid to tell market makers what to do.” That sounds like the kind of desk you want on your side.
- SSGA: With a deeply knowledgeable team, nominators called out SSGA’s unique ability to respond to market crises, guide clients, and put things in perspective even in tumultuous times. “A world-class organization from bottom to top,” wrote one nominator.