Look closely at a number of exchange-traded products as 2013 gets under way, not because they’re worth owning, but because their possible volatility will say a lot about the overall trajectory of the macroeconomy, according to a story published by Motley Fool.
The following were highlighted in the article, as their performance could be great indicators for broad market sentiment during 2013:
- iPath S&P 500 VIX Short-Term ETN (NYSEArca: VXX)
- United States Natural Gas ETF (NYSEArca: UNG)
- Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3x (NYSEArca: NUGT)
- ALPS Alerian MLP ETF (NYSEArca: AMLP)
- Direxion Financial Bull 3x (NYSEArca: FAS)
Go to Fool.com for additional information on the funds listed above.