For 14 years, ETF.com has been the leading independent authority on indexes, index funds and ETFs. Over that time, we have enjoyed watching the amazing growth and innovation this industry has delivered. Investors today are fundamentally better off than they were when we started as a result of this innovation.
Earlier this year, in an effort to recognize the innovators driving this growth, ETF.com announced the creation of the ETF.com ETF Awards. These 23 awards are designed to recognize the people, companies and products that are moving the industry forward and helping to create better outcomes for investors. The finalists for the voted awards are listed below.
The winners in each category will be announced at the ETF.com ETF Awards Dinner, taking place March 19, 2014, at Chelsea Piers, Pier 61, in New York. The winners will also be announced on the www.etf.com website on March 20, 2014, and in the ETF Report magazine’s April issue.
Winners of the awards are selected in a three-part process designed to leverage the insights and opinions of leaders throughout the ETF industry.
The awards process began with an open nominations process. ETF.com solicited nominations from more than 15,000 members of the ETF community, including issuers, index providers, advisors, institutional investors, ETF strategists and more.
Following the public nominations process, the ETF.com ETF Awards Nominating Committee—made up of senior members of the ETF.com Editorial and Analytics teams—voted to select up to five finalists in each category. Votes were cast on a majority basis, and ties were broken where possible with head-to-head runoff votes.
The members of the Nominating Committee are:
- Paul Baiocchi, Vice President, Analytics
- Paul Britt, Senior ETF Specialist
- Matt Hougan, President, Analytics & Publications
- Elisabeth Kashner, Director of Research
- Olivier Ludwig, Managing Editor
- Dave Nadig, Chief Investment Officer
Winners among these finalists will be selected by a majority vote of the ETF.com ETF Awards Selection Committee, a group of independent ETF experts from throughout the ETF community. Committee members will recuse themselves from voting in any category in which they or their firms appear as finalists. Ties will be decided where possible with head-to-head runoff votes.
The members of the Selection Committee are:
- Jim Wiandt, Founder and CEO, ETF.com.com
- Phil Mackintosh, Managing Director, Trading Strategy, Credit Suisse
- Kim Arthur, Founding Partner, Main Management
- Mike Vogelzang, President and Chief Investment Officer, Boston Advisors
- Benjamin Blaisdell, Managing Director and Investment Solutions Executive, US Trust
- Jason Nicastro, Senior Research Analyst, LPL Financial
The winners in each category will be announced at the ETF.com ETF Awards Dinner, taking place March 19, 2014, at Chelsea Piers, Pier 61, in New York.