8 Top-Performing ETFs So Far This Year

February 07, 2014

The Global X Gold Explorers ETF (GLDX | D-23) is up 19 percent year-to-date, and the PureFunds ISE Junior Silver ETF (SILJ | F-37) is up 23 percent so far this year.

Like GDXJ, these two funds are benefiting from momentum in mining stocks.

SILJ tracks a modified market-cap-weighted index of small-cap silver mining and exploration companies. The fund has attracted $2.27 million in total assets, and has an expense ratio of 0.69 percent. But its average trading spread is clocking in at 1.17 percent, putting total cost of ownership closer to 1.86 percent a year.

GLDX, meanwhile, tracks a market-cap-weighted index of companies engaged in the exploration of gold globally. The fund has $33 million in assets and a price tag hovering 1.22 percent a year once trading spreads are accounted for.

GLDX_SILJ_YTD_Performance

 

Find your next ETF

Reset All