WisdomTree shifts strategies on a number of funds, and, on some, even indexes and tickers.
WisdomTree, the only pure U.S. exchange-traded fund firm that's publicly traded, changed the names on seven of its ETFs to mostly reflect shifting strategies and indexes of the funds.
The changes—four of which included new tickers—took effect Friday, June 17, according to a WisdomTree official. The changes are:
- The WisdomTree Pacific ex-Japan Total Dividend Fund (NYSEArca: DND) became the WisdomTree Asia-Pacific ex-Japan Fund (NYSEArca: AXJL). The new version of the ETF casts a wider net in Asia to include large-cap, dividend-paying companies in Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand.
- The WisdomTree Pacific ex-Japan Equity Income Fund (NYSEArca: DNH) became the WisdomTree Australia Dividend Fund (NYSEArca AUSE), and it shifted to an exclusively Australian focus.
- The WisdomTree International Basic Materials Sector Fund (NYSEArca: DBN) became the WisdomTree Commodity Country Equity Fund (NYSEArca: CCXE). It went from an ETF that focused on commodity producers outside the U.S. and Canada to one targeting specific commodity-rich countries, including Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, New Zealand, Norway, Russia and South Africa. The new version of the fund now trades under the symbol “CCXE.”
- The WisdomTree International Energy Sector Fund (NYSEArca: DKA), an ETF focused on dividend-paying companies in the developed world outside the U.S. and Canada, has become the WisdomTree Global Natural Resources Fund (NYSEArca: GNAT). The revamped ETF casts a wider net, seeking dividend-paying companies around the world that are involved in production all sorts of resources, from oil and gas to mining and metals. It now trades, as noted, under the ticker “GNAT.”
- The WisdomTree International Utilities Sector Fund (NYSEArca: DBU) is now the WisdomTree Global ex-US Utility Fund, and it will now include Canadian companies. Its ticker, “DBU,” didn’t change.
- The WisdomTree International Real Estate Fund (NYSEArca: DRW) became the WisdomTree Global ex-US Real Estate Fund. Like DBU, the revamped DRW will begin including Canadian companies in the index. Its ticker didn’t change either.
- The company also changed the name of the WisdomTree World ex-US Growth Fund to the WisdomTree Global ex-US Growth Fund (NYSEArca: DNL). The ticker, the strategy and the index remain the same.
The company filed paperwork with the Securities and Exchange Commission outlining the changes on May 26.