FCG

First Trust Natural Gas ETF
A

95
*Unless otherwise stated, data provided by FactSet.

FCG Fund Description

The First Trust Natural Gas ETF aims to track an equal-weighted index of US companies that derive a substantial portion of their revenue from the exploration & production of natural gas.

FCG Factset Analytics Insight

FCG is the only game in town for those looking to access the US natural gas equities. Fortunately, the fund does a great job of capturing the concentrated space, which isn't a surprise since it uses our benchmark. FCG selects from companies that are involved in natural gas in some capacity, dedicating 15% of its portfolio to MLPs and the remaining 85% to equities. It then applies linear cap-weighted rankings to each bucket, factoring in daily trading volume. The resulting portfolio is a near-perfect representation of the market. FCG trades heavily each day with miniscule spreads, and underlying liquidity is excellent. FCG charges a sizeable fee for its exposure, but it recovers some of that fee via securities lending and tracking is strong overall.

FCG MSCI ESG Analytics Insight

The MSCI ESG Fund Quality Score measures the ability of ETF underlying holdings to manage key medium to long-term risks and opportunities arising from environmental, social, and governance factors, as determined by MSCI ESG Research LLC. As of September 23, 2018 the First Trust Natural Gas ETF MSCI ESG Fund Quality Score is 3.68 out of 10.

The fund’s Peer Rank reflects the ranking of a fund’s MSCI ESG Fund Quality Score against the scores of other funds within the same peer group, as defined by the Thomson Reuters Lipper Global Classification. FCG ranks in the 18th percentile within its peer group and in the 4th percentile within the global universe of all funds in MSCI ESG Fund Metrics coverage.

FCG CHARTS AND PERFORMANCE

Price Chart ($)
Total Return Chart (%)
  • 1 Month
  • 3 Months
  • YTD
  • 1 Year
  • 3 Years
  • 5 Years
  • Max
  • 1 Month
  • 3 Months
  • YTD
  • 1 Year
  • 3 Years
  • 5 Years
  • Max
COMPARE
RESET
Select ETFs to compare their performance:
PERFORMANCE [as of 09/21/18] 1 MONTH 3 MONTHS YTD 1 YEAR 3 YEARS 5 YEARS 10 YEARS
FCG 1.05% -0.11% -0.44% 7.90% -9.46% -23.52% -13.89%
FCG (NAV) 0.97% -0.02% -0.32% 7.82% -9.43% -23.53% -13.96%
ISE-REVERE Natural Gas Index -- -- -- -- -- -- -13.96%
ISE-REVERE Natural Gas Index -- -- -- -- -- -- --
All returns over 1 year are annualized. All returns are total returns unless otherwise stated.

FCG Top 10 Countries

FCG Top 10 Sectors

FCG Top 10 Holdings [View All]

FCG Summary Data

First Trust
05/08/07
Open-Ended Fund
0.60%
$133.56M
$3.03M
0.06%

FCG Portfolio Data

$9.99B
34.91
1.60
0.86%
09/14/18
34

FCG Index Data

Equal
Multi-Factor
ISE-REVERE Natural Gas Index

FCG Portfolio Management

0.60%
--
--
--

FCG Tax Exposures

20.00% / 39.60%
--
Qualified dividends
No

FCG Fund Structure

Open-Ended Fund
No
Yes
100% / 0%
N/A
N/A
Low
Daily
Bats Book Viewer
TOP OF BOOK
LAST 10 TRADES
Bats BZX Real-time Quote -
Daily Spread
Premium/Discount
Volume

FCG Factset Analytics Block Liquidity

As of 09/24/18
5
4
3
2
1

This measurement shows how easy it is to trade a $1 million USD block of FCG. FCG is rated a 5 out of 5.

FCG Tradability

132,911
$3.03M
116,169
$2.65M
0.06%
$0.01
0.00%
0.30% / -0.39%
None
100.00%
50,000
2.32
0.04%
0.09%
2,791
$22.48
5

FCG Sector/Industry Breakdown


FCG
Segment Benchmark
78.29%
--
11.76%
--
3.95%
--
3.63%
--
3.29%
--
3.03%
--

FCG TOP 10 HOLDINGS[View All]

4.75%
45.02%

FCG Countries


FCG
Segment Benchmark
93.00%
--
10.95%
--

FCG Regions


FCG
Segment Benchmark
103.95%
--

FCG Economic Development


FCG
Segment Benchmark
100.00%
--

FCG Performance Statistics

--
--
--
--
0.00%
ISE-REVERE Natural Gas Index

FCG MSCI ESG Ratings

3.68 / 10
17.61
4.31
--
0.01%
687.57

FCG BENCHMARK COMPARISON HOLDINGS

34
--
--
--

FCG BENCHMARK COMPARISON SUMMARY


FCG
Segment Benchmark
34
--
$9.99B
--
34.91
--
1.60
--
1.77%
--
High
--

FCG BENCHMARK COMPARISON MARKET CAP SIZE


FCG
Segment Benchmark
31.18%
--
58.45%
--
9.98%
--
0.39%
--