Recent announcements from Deutsche Asset Management and AdvisorShares indicate the two firms will be shutting down a combined total of eight funds in May.
AdvisorShares has two ETFs that will see their last day of trading on May 12: The AdvisorShares Global Echo ETF (GIVE) and AdvisorShares Morgan Creek Global Tactical ETF (GTAA) are both due to close.
Both funds are actively managed alternatives ETFs. GTAA was launched in 2010, while GIVE rolled out in 2012. Neither gathered much in the way of assets. AdvisorShares also shut down the AdvisorShares Athena High Dividend ETF (DIVI) in early April.
Meanwhile, Deutsche has announced it will be shutting down five of its currency-hedged funds, all of which launched in 2015. The ETFs will see their last day of trading on May 15. They are as follows:
- Deutsche X-trackers Japan JPX-Nikkei 400 Hedged Equity ETF (JPNH)
- Deutsche X-trackers S&P Hedged Global Infrastructure ETF (DBIF)
- Deutsche X-trackers Dow Jones Hedged International Real Estate ETF (DBRE)
- Deutsche X-trackers MSCI Spain Hedged Equity ETF (DBSP)
- Deutsche X-trackers MSCI Australia Hedged Equity ETF (DBAU)
Contact Heather Bell at [email protected].