Closures and announcements of future closures are going strong in October. So far, eight closures have been completed this month, with another two announced for later this year.
The completed closures and their dates include the following:
- AdvisorShares New Tech and Media ETF (FNG), 10/4
- Direxion Daily EURO STOXX 50 Bull 3X Shares (EUXL), 10/11
- Direxion Daily High Yield Bear 2X Shares (HYDD), 10/11
- Direxion Daily 7-10 Year Treasury Bear 1x Shares (TYNS), 10/11
- VanEck Vectors High Income Infrastructure MLP ETF (YMLI), 10/18
- WisdomTree Global ex-Mexico Equity Fund (XMX), 10/21
- Reality Shares Nasdaq NexGen Economy China ETF (BCNA), 10/22
- Reality Shares Fundstrat DQM Long ETF (DQML), 10/22
Two more funds are set to close later this year. The iShares iBonds Dec 2019 Term Corporate ETF (IBDK) will shut down on Dec. 16, while the GraniteShares S&P GSCI Commodity Broad Strategy No K-1 ETF (COMG) is set to close on Nov. 15. It should be noted that IBDK’s closure was scheduled essentially from the time it launched, as it is a target maturity ETF and its holdings are set to mature by the end of this year.
There were 92 closures in 2019 by the end of September. The October shutdowns and announced closures mean that we are guaranteed to see more than 100 ETF closings before the start of 2020.
Contact Heather Bell at [email protected]