Last week was marked by the first closures of the new year, with Northern Trust shutting down two of the funds in its FlexShares family. The FlexShares Currency Hedged Morningstar DM ex-US Factor Tilt Index Fund (TLDH) and the FlexShares Currency Hedged Morningstar EM Factor Tilt Index Fund (TLEH) saw their last day of trading on Jan. 15. These closures come on the heels of a record year in 2020 with roughly 275 ETFs meeting their ends.
There was also a variety of ETF launches in addition to the others ETF.com has covered. Their names, tickers, launch dates and expense ratios are as follows:
- Direxion Daily Cloud Computing Bull 2X Shares (CLDL), 1.07%, Jan. 11
- Direxion Daily Cloud Computing Bear 2X Shares (CLDS), 1.07%, Jan. 11
- Global X Adaptive U.S. Risk Management ETF (ONOF), 0.39%, Jan. 13
- IQ Healthy Hearts ETF (HART), 0.45%, Jan. 14
- American Century Low Volatility ETF (LVOL), 0.29%, Jan. 14
- Overlay Shares Hedged Large Cap Equity ETF (OVLH), 0.78%, Jan. 15
- Overlay Shares Short Term Bond ETF (OVT), 0.80%, Jan. 15
Finally, KraneShares announced some major changes to its KraneShares E Fund China Commercial Paper ETF (KCNY). As of April 1, the fund will change its name and ticker to the KraneShares Bloomberg Barclays China Bond Inclusion Index ETF (KBND) and will further swap out its current index, the CSI Diversified High Grade Commercial Paper Index, to adopt the Bloomberg Barclays China Inclusion Focused Bond Index as its benchmark.
Contact Heather Bell at [email protected]