iShares is known for making sweeping closures during the summer months, although this year, the closures set for Aug. 20 amount to just five. The funds to be closed include the following:
- iShares Edge MSCI Min Vol Asia ex Japan ETF (AXJV)
- iShares Adaptive Currency Hedged MSCI Japan ETF (DEWJ)
- iShares Adaptive Currency Hedged MSCI Eurozone ETF (DEZU)
- iShares 10+ Year Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF (LLQD)
- iShares 5-10 Year Investment Grade Corporate Bond ETF (MLQD)
All of the funds launched between 2014 and 2017, so they have been trading for some time. However, they failed to gather assets.
In August 2018, iShares shut down 16 of its ETFs. While it didn’t close any funds in August 2017, it did shutter 10 ETFs in August 2016. In August 2015, the firm closed 18 ETFs.
Contact Heather Bell at [email protected]